Posted-on October 2019 By Amy Bates
Few managers, executives or professionals become true Impact Players; talented performers who are at the top of their game.
So, what sets them apart?
• Cross-functional exposure
• Proven performance
• Visibility and branding
• They are early adopters
In 2018, top performers are expected to see average salary increases that are 73% larger than the increase given to most employees. They are promoted faster and are given more opportunity.
Defining your brand
Step 1: Decide how do you want to be seen
• Thought leader
• Proven performer
• Rising star
• All of the above?
Step 2: Build your authority
• Take on higher-profile projects
• Share your vision
• Think strategically
• Build consensus
Step 3: Be an Industry thought leader
• Speak at events
• Present at conferences
• Host a webinar
• Start a podcast
• Launch a YouTube channel
• Write for industry publications
• Answer questions on LinkedIn
Step 4: Reinforce your brand
• Create your own blog
• Publish articles on LinkedIn
• Guest post on Industry Blogs
• Contribute to trade publications
As an established authority in your field, organisations searching for executives will seek you out for pivotal leadership roles.
Step 5: Amplify your brand through social media
• Reserve your name as a domain name and on all forms of social media
• Keep your brand consistent across all channels
• Keep up with new channels as they develop